Galentine’s Day Quotes for Your Besties
Sure, we all know what day February 14th is…it’s Valentine’s Day. It’s unofficially the worst day to purchase flowers (as they’re overpriced) and it’s nearly impossible to book a dinner reservation—anywhere! Maybe Valentine’s Day is a holiday that you well, love or maybe it isn’t a favorite of yours. Either way, there’s a better (lovelier) option called Galentine’s Day. This year, the ladies supporting ladies holiday falls on Wednesday, February 13th.
Yes, there is still plenty of pink hues, candy-coated chocolates, cutesy cards, and flowers involved, but with a fun female twist. Galentine’s Day (originally started as a day to celebrate good girlfriends and the single life) has grown into a somewhat feminist holiday full of catchy quips and #girlpower t-shirt and card slogans.
So, we have roundup a few of our favorite Galentine’s Day Quotes–we hope you love’em!
- “You’re Like Really Pretty” Mean Girls
- “Fries Before Guys”
- “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” Parks and Recs
- “I’ll always let you preview pictures before I post them on Instagram”
- “You’re a poetic and noble land mermaid” Parks and Recs
- “Oh my god my girlfriends are everything to me! They celebrate with you, they cry with you, they hold you when you need to be held. They laugh with you! They’re mean with you! They’re always there and that’s a priceless thing to have!” Jennifer Lopez
- “I believe in Red Lipstick” ban.do
- “Happy Galentine’s Day! Overies before Broveries!” Parks and Rec
So, we hope you found some (can we say ‘inspired’) phrases to write on your Galentine cards this year. Hey! If you’d like to treat your boho besties this year we recommend a few items from our shop!
- Any gal would love pearls–especially three layers!
- Purple is the color of the year & so is the color of our amethyst necklace!
- However, you can’t go wrong with a beaded cuff!
Throwing a Galentine’s Party this year? Make sure you check out our Boho-inspired post all about the must-haves for the perfect fête!
Need more inspo for gifts? Check out our other Valentines-inspired post!