Is the fear of FOMO (the fear of missing out) setting in as you’re watching all your social media friends jet off to one Instagramable location to the next? Instead of getting green with envy get creative! Even if you have little to no travel plans set this summer–breath–we have a (great) idea/solution. Plan a ‘staycation’ right at home. There are perks to doing a staycation–no travel delays as well as it’s a money saving option. Plus, it’s fun to think outside of the vacay box.
So, what do you need for a staycation? Read on:
- Beach Dirt: Sweets are probably the best way to ‘escape.’ Surely, this awesome recipe from Aww Sam will have your taste buds (and mind) beach wandering. (via Aww Samm)
- Garland and Decor: In order to feel as if you pressed the “escape button” you’ll have to get crafty with your tropical decor. Think in punchy and bold color schemes when creating your inner oasis decorations. (via A Beautiful Mess)
- Pool Floaties (Price varies): Whether you have a pool or a big backyard playful pool floats will add a new sense of fun to your staycation. SunnyLife USA has the cutest selection.
- Nostalgia Cotton Candy Machine ($25): You’d think having your own personal cotton candy maker would be expensive, but there are affordable options out there! This Nostalgia one is under $30! What doesn’t say summertime fun like backyard cotton candy?
- Copper Smartphone Projector ($30): After you’ve had your fun in the sun, watching a movie, music video or Insta Stories on a smartphone projector (yep, outdoors) will feel as if you’re at the drive-in. Pass the popcorn.
So, how do you feel about hosting your own staycation? Tweet us!